- Are compressors equipped with pressure relief valves, and pressure gauges?
- Are compressor air intakes installed and equipped to ensure that only clean air enters the compressor?
- Are air filters installed on the compressor intake?
- Are safety devices on compressed air systems checked frequently?
- Before repair work is done on the pressure system, is the pressure bled off and the system locked-out?
- Are signs posted to warn of the automatic starting feature of the compressors?
- Is the belt drive system totally enclosed to provide protection for the front, back, top, and sides?
- Is it strictly prohibited to direct compressed air toward a person?
- Are employees prohibited from using highly compressed air for cleaning purposes?
- If compressed air is used for cleaning off clothing, is the pressure reduced to less than 10 psi?
- When using compressed air for cleaning, do employees use personal protective equipment?
- Are safety chains or other suitable locking devices used at couplings or high pressure hose lines where a connection failure would create a hazard?