- Do you have a fire prevention plan?
- Does your plan describe the type of fire protection equipment and/or systems?
- Have you established practices and procedures to control potential fire hazards and ignition sources?
- Are employees aware of the fire hazards of the material and processes to which they are exposed?
- Is your local fire department well acquainted with your facilities, location and specific hazards?
- If you have a fire alarm system, is it tested at least annually?
- If you have interior stand pipes and valves, are they inspected regularly?
- If you have outside private fire hydrants, are they flushed at least once a year and on a routine preventative maintenance schedule?
- Are fire doors and shutters unobstructed and in good operating condition?
- Are automatic sprinkler system water control valves, air and water pressures checked weekly/periodically as required?
- Is maintenance of automatic sprinkler system assigned to responsible persons or to a sprinkler contractor?
- Are sprinkler heads protected by metal guards, when exposed to physical damage?
- Are portable fire extinguishers provided in adequate number and type and recharged regularly?
- Are employees periodically instructed in the use of extinguishers and fire protection procedures?