- Is there a training program to instruct employees on safe methods of machine operation?
- Is there adequate supervision to ensure that employees are following safe machine operating procedures?
- Is there a regular program of safety inspection of machinery and equipment?
- Is sufficient clearance provided around and between machines to allow for safe operations, set up and servicing, material handling and waste removal?
- Is equipment and machinery securely placed and anchored, when necessary to prevent tipping or other movement that could result in personal injury?
- Is there a power shut-off switch within reach of the operator’s position at each machine?
- Can electric power to each machine be locked out for maintenance, repair, or security?
- Are foot-operated switches guarded or arranged to prevent accidental actuation by personnel or falling objects?
- Are manually operated valves and switches controlling the operation of equipment and machines clearly identified and readily accessible?
- Are all emergency stop buttons colored red?
- Are all pulleys and belts that are within 7 feet of the floor or working level properly guarded?
- Are all moving chains and gears properly guarded?
- Are splashguards mounted on machines that use coolant, to prevent the coolant from reaching employees?
- Are methods provided to protect the operator and other employees in the machine area from hazards created at the point of operation, nip points, rotating parts, flying chips, and sparks?
- Are machinery guards secure and so arranged that they do not offer a hazard in their use?